Help us explore racial bias in health services
2 mins read
Friday 11 March 2022
Are you a parent carer from a Black, Asian or other non-white community who has a child or young person with a learning disability?
Are you interested in improving NHS health services?
If so, would you like to take part in a focus group looking at Annual Health Checks for children with a learning disability?
Participants will be paid £50 for taking part and sharing their views and experiences.
When are the focus groups?
You can attend one of the following sessions:
Monday 21 March, 10.30 – 12.30Fully booked Wednesday 30 March, 10.30 – 12.30Fully booked
- Wednesday 20 April, 10.30 – 12.30
How do I join?
To take part in the focus group, please complete our short application form.
Can I join if my child has not had an annual health check?
Yes. It is not essential for your child to have had an annual health check yet. Even if you have never heard of an annual health check, you will be able to help us improve awareness and understanding of what they are.
- Have a child or teenager who has a learning disability.
- Be a parent carer from Black, Asian or other non-white ethnicity/community.
- Can attend the whole session and be willing to share their views, experiences and ideas.
- Be happy for Contact to share their views anonymously with NHS England’s Learning Disability and Autism programme.
- Be interested in improving health outcomes for learning disabled children and young people.
If you would like to know more, please email email@example.com