Family Worker (Ealing)
You will be providing advice, information and support to families with disabled children in the London Borough of Ealing. You will assess families' needs and plan actions with parents' participation as per their needs. You will encourage parent carers' empowerment and involvement in the project.
You will network with partnering organisations in and outside the borough to support families better. You will support parent carers to join relevant support groups and attend workshops to gain skills and knowledge. You will contribute regularly to the newsletter and support other team members to meet project objectives and carry out regular monitoring and evaluation in coordination with the manager.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working with and supporting families who have disabled children.
- Knowledge and experience of the issues and concerns that affect families who have disabled children e.g. leisure provision, education, respite care.
- Knowledge and experience of welfare benefits, especially DLA/PIP and other benefits targeted at families with disabled children.
- Knowledge of issues relating to maximising income, tackling debt and budgeting, accessing financial support, tax credits and other financial issues.
- Good communication, time management and networking skills.
Please return a completed application form along with an equal opportunities monitoring form (downloadable as part of the job pack) by the date stated below to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 3rd April 2020 (12 midday)
Interview Date: To be advised