Parent Advisor/Inclusion Co-ordinator
Fixed term until November 2020- 24.5 hours per week
You will develop effective support mechanisms for parents with disabled children through support groups, training and parent linking and social events and activities. You will respond to enquiries from parents and professionals and provide in-depth face to face support to families, empowering them to tackle debt, poverty and isolation and reduce social and financial exclusion and provide in-depth support at events and activities in case of emergency.
You will also work closely with statutory and voluntary services in Ealing in order to improve services for families with disabled children and plan and organise a year round programme of support groups, trainings and workshops and social events and activities for families. You will network with partnering organisations in and outside the borough to support families better.
What we are looking for
- Experience of working with and supporting families who have disabled children.
- Knowledge and experience of the issues and concerns that affect families who have disabled children e.g. leisure provision, education, respite care.
- Knowledge and experience of welfare benefits, especially DLA/PIP and other benefits targeted at families with disabled children.
- Experience of managing volunteers, compiling reports and newsletters.
- Good communication, time management and networking skills.
Please return a completed application form along with an equal opportunities monitoring form (downloadable as part of the job pack) by the date stated below to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 3 April 2019 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Wednesday 10 April 2019