Finding your way around the NHS can seem confusing, especially if your child needs to be seen by lots of different health professionals and services.
Here we explain what health services are available to you and your child:
- An introduction to the NHS
- Primary care
- Secondary care
- Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)
- Tertiary care
- Appointment top tips
Websites to help you find contact details of local services
Northern Ireland: www.hscni.net
Health and wellbeing services on SENDirect
Our SENDirect service-listing website has a health and wellbeing section with accessible and inclusive services designed to keep you and your family mentally and physically well.
- Read our leaflet Concerned about your child [PDF] for more about what roles different health professionals have in supporting a disabled child.
- Read our parent guide The NHS and caring for a disabled child - England [PDF]; we will be publishing similar guides for Wales and Scotland soon.
- Wherever you live in the UK, you can call our freephone helpline (Monday-Friday, 9.30am-5pm) on 0808 808 3555, ask us a question by emailing email@example.com or post a query on our Facebook page.