Subscribe to the HemiHelp magazine - now free!
Contact is delighted that thanks to the generosity of funders, including CIMT Manchester, we are now able to make our online HemiHelp magazine a free resource for all parents, carers and professionals.
In the Winter 2019 issue
- Emotional and behavioural problems in children with hemi - Part Two.
- We found love through HemiHelp!
- Special educational needs law and Education Health and Care (EHC) plans in England.
- The benefits of working in theatre
- Make-up, body image and hemiplegia.
- Sunflower lanyards and other 'hidden disabilities' schemes.
- Advice on benefits entitlement from Contact's advice team.
- The use of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) to treat hemiplegia.
- Hemi-friendly products in our Fledglings online shop.
- All the latest news from HemiHelp and much more!
Contact and HemiHelp receive no government funding. We can only support families if we continually raise money to fund our services.
If you find the magazine a useful resource, please consider donating or fundraising for us. Every penny raised helps fund our events, publications and other services, which provide essential help and hope to families living with hemiplegia.
- "It's a new journey you are embarking on and this group has been more help to me than anything."
- "This group is by far the most informative means about learning about hemiplegia. The information we have received here has surpassed any medical professional."
- "Thank you for an excellent workshop - it was so useful and informative. I have come away knowing I am not alone and there are others who are in a similar situation and understand."
- "It was wonderful having a whole day dedicated to families living with hemiplegia. Despite my son feeling SO nervous before, he loved every minute!"
Subscribe for free to the HemiHelp magazine via PageSuite, and see below for FAQs about subscriptions.
What will I receive for my subscription?
We will produce three editions of HemiHelp magazine per year. The magazine will be accessed online on a site called PageSuite, as a digital flip book. You will also have access to back issues of the online magazine using the archiv.
How will I access the magazine online?
When you sign up for your subscription, you will set up a username and password for PageSuite, a website where you can view issues of the magazine online.
Can I receive a printed paper copy of the magazine?
We know that people appreciated receiving a paper copy. However, like many charities, in the current economic climate we cannot justify the high costs of printing and posting the magazine. It is also more environmentally friendly to produce a digital copy. You will be able to print out the magazine from PageSuite.
If I've already signed up for the online magazine subscription in the past, will I have to re-subscribe?
No, please continue using your original login details. If you are a past member of HemiHelp and used to receive a paper magazine, you will need to subscribe again for the online magazine.
Can you explain some of the tick box questions on the subscription form?
Please do NOT send me emails
For any email contact, you will need to UNTICK this box.
Would you like to receive emails from the publisher in relation to their publications?
Tick this box if you are happy for Contact/HemiHelp to get in contact by email about your subscription to HemiHelp magazine.
Please use the boxes below to choose what else you're like to hear from us about by email.
I would like to receive campaign updates from Contact
Tick here for dedicated updates about our campaigning work to make a fairer world for families whose children have a disability. Make sure you have given permission for us to email you.
I would like to receive news updates from Contact
Tick here for all the latest news from Contact. Make sure you have given permission for us to email you.
I would like to receive fundraising updates from Contact
Tick here for dedicated updates on how we are raising funds to support our vital work with families, and how you can help us. Make sure you have given permission for us to email you. See here for more details.
Please contact Lizzie.Salter@contact.org.uk with any additional questions.