Finding your way around the NHS can seem confusing, especially if your child needs to be seen by lots of different health professionals and services.
Here we explain what health services are available to you and your child:
- An introduction to the NHS
- Primary care
- Secondary care
- Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)
- Tertiary care
- Appointment top tips
Websites to help you find contact details of local services
Northern Ireland: www.hscni.net
- Read our leaflet Concerned about your child [PDF] for more about what roles different health professionals have in supporting a disabled child.
- Read our parent guides The NHS and caring for a disabled child - England [PDF]; Health Services in Wales - English language [PDF]; Health Services in Wales - Welsh language [PDF].
- Wherever you live in the UK, you can contact our helpline for any advice about health services.