Growing up, sex and relationships
Good sex and relationship education (SRE) informs children and young people about relationships, emotions, sex and sexuality and sexual health. It also enables them to develop life skills and a positive attitude to sexual health and wellbeing.
This section of our site looks at how being disabled might impact on some of these issues. Browse the pages below to read more:
- Developing self esteem.
- Making friends.
- Puberty and growing up.
- Sex and sexual awareness.
- Sex and relationship education at school.
- Download this information in our parent guide Growing up, sex and relationships [PDF].
- We've made an accompanying young person's guide - Growing up, sex and relationships [PDF].
- Find out about support as your child moves into adulthood.