Campaigns & research
We influence policy and campaign so politicians and decision-makers tackle the inequalities faced by families with disabled children and prioritise their needs.
Our latest campaigns
- Caring More than Most - new research finds parent carers provide more than 100 hours of care per week
- School transport inquiry
- Universal Credit - sign our petition to the prime minister
- Secret Life of Us
- CAMHS Waiting Times
- The Contact Awards
Or you can read about...
Latest campaign news
- Help us stop the never-ending cycle of disadvantage families face. Make a donation to our Caring More Than Most appeal
- Sign our petition calling for a review of funding for short breaks
- Read our new report from our school transport inquiry (Published on Sunday 10 September)
- Read our new briefing on Universal Credit and why many more disabled children will be worse off [PDF].
- Pledge your support for the Secret Life of Us campaign and help us improve health and social care services.
What we want
- Equal rights and opportunities for all families with disabled children across the UK.
- A social security system that recognises the carer contribution and adequately covers the extra costs of disability and care.
- Investment in health and social care services for disabled children and their families
- Speedy access to free and independent information,
- Ending to the wait for assessment, diagnosis and good quality support.
- A clear and joined up legal framework that enhances individual family rights.
- The real experts are parents of disabled children. We want parent carer participation across the UK.
What we're doing
- We influence laws and government policy based on what families with disabled children tell us and what we have learnt from our services.
- We carry out research to build evidence of the difficulties faced by disabled children and present a case for change.
- We join forces with other charities and support their campaigns.
- We meet with MPs and government departments.
- We support parent carer participation and help parents get directly involved in shaping their services.
What you can do
- Join our campaign network of 20,000 supporters.
- Contacting our Head of Campaigns Una Summerson at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can help us.
What other organisations do we work with?
We join forces with other charities to influence public policy and campaign together. This shared voice strengthens our lobbying activities and helps decision makers and politicians understand shared concerns. These alliances include: