Campaigns & research
We influence policy and campaign so politicians and decision-makers tackle the inequalities faced by families with disabled children.
Our latest campaigns
Vaccine access for unpaid carers - sign our petition
Find out about our campaign to increase carer's allowance
Flu jab campaign - your questions answered
Left in Lockdown research published - thank you to everyone to shared their experiences.
Following Contact's instrumental School Transport Inquiry, the Department for Education has agreed to revise the statutory home to school transport guidance.
Give it Back - we're calling on government to give back the £434 million of care support owed to disabled children and their families.
Other issues we're campaigning on such as childcare, illegal exclusions and waiting times for services.
You might also be interested in
Our Changing Lives Appeal - Read about Miriam, mum to 11-year old twins Isaac and Naomi. Isaac has neurofibromatosis type 1 and Naomi has autism
Together at 40 Awards - a celebration of the countless and often unrecognised achievements of families with disabled children.
Caring More than Most - our research that finds 150,000 parent carers provide more than 100 hours of care per week.
Past campaigns successes including Stop the DLA Takeaway in hospital.
You might also be interested in
Parliamentary Human Rights committee published shocking report on disabled young people detained in private mental health hospitals
Scottish Social Security Changes - New young carers grant
Latest blog from the Disabled Children's Partnership on what we want government to do to improve health and social care support for families
Read our latest briefing on Universal Credit and how it could affect your family income.
What we want
- Equal rights and opportunities for all families with disabled children across the UK.
- A social security system that recognises the carer contribution and adequately covers the extra costs of disability and care.
- Investment in health and social care services for disabled children and their families
- Speedy access to free and independent information,
- Ending to the wait for assessment, diagnosis and good quality support.
- A clear and joined up legal framework that enhances individual family rights.
- The real experts are parents of disabled children. We want parent carer participation across the UK.
What we're doing
- We influence laws and government policy based on what families with disabled children tell us and what we have learnt from our services.
- We carry out research to build evidence of the difficulties faced by disabled children and present a case for change.
- We join forces with other charities and support their campaigns.
- We meet with MPs and government departments.
- We support parent carer participation and help parents get directly involved in shaping their services.
What you can do
- Sign up to our campaign updates and join our 20,000-strong campaign network
- Contacting our Head of Campaigns Una Summerson at email@example.com to see how you can help us.
What other organisations do we work with?
We join forces with other charities to influence public policy and campaign together. This shared voice strengthens our lobbying activities and helps decision makers and politicians understand shared concerns. These alliances include: