Campaigns & research
We influence policy and campaign so politicians and decision-makers tackle the inequalities faced by families with disabled children and prioritise their needs.
Our latest campaigns
School transport - we're campaigning to close the loophole for post-16 and under-five disabled children. Get in touch if you want to help stop the #SchoolRunCrisis
Following Contact's instrumental School Transport Inquiry, the Department for Education has launched a consultation on the revised statutory home to school transport guidance.
Universal Credit - stop cuts to the lower disabled child addition under Universal Credit
Or you can read about...
Together at 40 Awards - a celebration of the countless and often unrecognised achievements of families with disabled children.
Counting the Costs 2018 - startling new findings show sharp rise in disabled children going without the essentials.
Caring More than Most - new research finds parent carers provide more than 100 hours of care per week.
Other issues we're campaigning on such as childcare, illegal exclusions and waiting times for services.
Past campaigns successes including Stop the DLA Takeaway in hospital.
Latest campaign news
School transport - legal challenge on cuts to school transport unsuccessful in Leicestershire
Support our Lifeline Appeal and help save our Family Finances Helpline
Take action now on the £175 million cut from disabled children #CountingtheCosts
Read our briefing on Universal Credit and how it could affect your family income.
What we want
- Equal rights and opportunities for all families with disabled children across the UK.
- A social security system that recognises the carer contribution and adequately covers the extra costs of disability and care.
- Investment in health and social care services for disabled children and their families
- Speedy access to free and independent information,
- Ending to the wait for assessment, diagnosis and good quality support.
- A clear and joined up legal framework that enhances individual family rights.
- The real experts are parents of disabled children. We want parent carer participation across the UK.
What we're doing
- We influence laws and government policy based on what families with disabled children tell us and what we have learnt from our services.
- We carry out research to build evidence of the difficulties faced by disabled children and present a case for change.
- We join forces with other charities and support their campaigns.
- We meet with MPs and government departments.
- We support parent carer participation and help parents get directly involved in shaping their services.
What you can do
- Join our campaign network of 20,000 supporters.
- Contacting our Head of Campaigns Una Summerson at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can help us.
What other organisations do we work with?
We join forces with other charities to influence public policy and campaign together. This shared voice strengthens our lobbying activities and helps decision makers and politicians understand shared concerns. These alliances include: