Campaigns & research
We influence policy and campaign so politicians and decision-makers tackle the inequalities faced by families with disabled children and prioritise their needs.
Our latest campaigns
Give it Back - we're calling on government to give back the £434 million of care support owed to disabled children and their families.
School transport - Following Contact's instrumental School Transport Inquiry, the Department for Education has agreed to revise the statutory home to school transport guidance.
Close the loophole for post-16 and under-five disabled children. Get in touch with email@example.com if you want to help
Other issues we're campaigning on such as childcare, illegal exclusions and waiting times for services.
You might also be interested in
Our Changing Lives Appeal - Read about Miriam, mum to 11-year old twins Isaac and Naomi. Isaac has neurofibromatosis type 1 and Naomi has autism
Together at 40 Awards - a celebration of the countless and often unrecognised achievements of families with disabled children.
Caring More than Most - our research that finds 150,000 parent carers provide more than 100 hours of care per week.
Past campaigns successes including Stop the DLA Takeaway in hospital.
Latest campaign news
Campaign round up for 2019 - punching above our weight
Take action now on the £180 million cut o child disablity payments under Universal Credit.
New blue badge rules
Parliamentary Human Rights committee published shocking report on disabled young people detained in private mental health hospitals
Scottish Social Security Changes - New young carers grant
MPs published critical report into education changes for children with special education needs in England
Latest blog from the Disabled Children's Partnership on what we want government to do to improve health and social care support for families
Read our latest briefing on Universal Credit and how it could affect your family income.
What we want
- Equal rights and opportunities for all families with disabled children across the UK.
- A social security system that recognises the carer contribution and adequately covers the extra costs of disability and care.
- Investment in health and social care services for disabled children and their families
- Speedy access to free and independent information,
- Ending to the wait for assessment, diagnosis and good quality support.
- A clear and joined up legal framework that enhances individual family rights.
- The real experts are parents of disabled children. We want parent carer participation across the UK.
What we're doing
- We influence laws and government policy based on what families with disabled children tell us and what we have learnt from our services.
- We carry out research to build evidence of the difficulties faced by disabled children and present a case for change.
- We join forces with other charities and support their campaigns.
- We meet with MPs and government departments.
- We support parent carer participation and help parents get directly involved in shaping their services.
What you can do
- Join our campaign network of 20,000 supporters.
- Contacting our Head of Campaigns Una Summerson at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can help us.
What other organisations do we work with?
We join forces with other charities to influence public policy and campaign together. This shared voice strengthens our lobbying activities and helps decision makers and politicians understand shared concerns. These alliances include: