Learning and events for parent carer forums in England
Adapting to Covid 19 - a webinar presented by Ruth Hobbs for Parent Carer Forums' taking place on Thursday 4th Jun 2020 at 12:00 midday.
You and Your Forum - Adapting to Covid 19
The aim of the webinar is to:
- Help forums adapt to the challenges of COVID19 and changing restrictions
- Ensure you and your forum active members only take on what you are realistically able to do - taking care of yourselves is key!
- Help you and your forum think about easy ways to keep the forum active in your community - minimum effort for maximum effect
- Give ideas and inspiration for forums able to do more
- Clarify how you can use the grant to keep parents up to date with current guidance and help reduce isolation among families in your area
- Explore how some forums are now working with the LA/ CCG to improve how services are adapting and changing
- Look at how technology and digital platforms can help forums to keep running and to engage with the wider parent carer community during this challenging time.
- Make sure you are taking care of yourselves!
We hope the webinar will give you and your forum ideas and make you feel more confident to adapt to the challenges of Covid 19.
Reducing Isolation and Increasing Wellbeing in your Parent Carer Community taking place on Tuesday 9th June 2020 at 2:00 PM
This webinar aims to:
- Help forums reduce isolation of their active members and wider parent carer community if they have the capacity to do so
- Promote creative thinking about how forums can make best use of the DfE grant during the Covid 19 restrictions to keep their forums going within their capacity.
Participants will gain an overview of different approaches used by three forums to:
- Reduce isolation and promote wellbeing amongst their membership.
- Reach out to parent carers to hear what they need and to try to improve services e.g using social media, technology and digital platforms.
- Find new ways of working with LA/ CCG to improve services families get at this time
- Used digital platforms and social media to keep running and engage with their wider parent community
Presented by Rotherham Parent Carer Forum - Jayne Fitgerald, Kay Ellis and Jemma Wilkinson, Lewisham Parent and Carer's Forum - Sue Stocks and Suffolk Parent Carer Network- Anne Humphreys. There will also be a question and answer session.
Building Your Resilience During Covid-19 taking place on Thursday June 11th 2020 at 2:00 PM BST.
Presented by Kate Walters - DARE Resilience Trainer & Julie
Singleton - Participation Adviser
The webinar will help you:
- Look at what resilience is and isn't!
- Understand your stress signs and when you need to take a step bac
- Explore different approaches to help you look after yourself, take stock of life under current and future restrictions, realistically prioritise and plan ahead - for yourself
- Give you tools that can be used to evaluate what you do now and how you might do things differently
- With signposting to resources and support available to help you de-stress, build your confidence and wellbeing
We hope this will help parent carers and active forum members to feel more resilient during and after the COVID19 crisis and get new ideas to be more resilient now and in the future.
Please note: If you are unable to attend a live webinar on the day, a recording of the webinar sessions along with relevant documents will be available the week following the webinar on our Resources page.
Details of further upcoming webinars are regularly updated on this page. You can find recordings of previous webinars on our resources page.
New to webinars?
A webinar is a presentation live on the internet. You will be able to hear presentations live, follow the slides and submit questions for the presenters to answer. You will need a home computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone. You can also join via telephone, although you won't be able to see the presentation or submit questions. Read this information and guidance document [PDF].
9th 2019 National Contact and NNPCF Parent Carer Participation Conference
Many thanks to all of those who joined us for the 2019 Conference.
You can explore our past webinars on our Resources page.
They include topics such as:
- Building active members
- Safeguarding for parent carer forums
- Using social media responsibly
- SEND Decision making and the law