Putting things right – Wales

1 min read

If you're unhappy with the service you've received from a healthcare service, you can provide feedback, make a complaint, or find some other way to put things right.

Complaints to the health board

Contact your relevant NHS health board for complaints and concerns procedures to do with your child’s health treatment.

You can find out contact details for your local health board at wales.nhs.uk.

Complaints to Public Health Wales

Public Health Wales is the national public health agency in Wales.

It exists to protect and improve health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities for people in Wales. Public Health Wales also take complaints.

PALS – patient advice and liaison service

For complaints involving hospitals, each health board has a Patient Advice and Liaison service (PALS) with support officers to help make your voice heard.

PALS can provide help with:

  • Health related questions, including about the NHS and any local support groups.
  • Resolving health concerns – especially useful if you are in hospital and are unhappy or concerned about your treatment.
  • Getting more involved in your own healthcare.
  • Providing information about the NHS complaints system, including where you can get independent help.