Social care

As a parent of a disabled child you are entitled to certain services that can help you, your child and your family.

Browse this section


What is social care?

How to access services

Needs assessments

Carer’s assessments: your needs as a carer

Personal budgets and direct payments

Help you might get

Short breaks

Blue badge disabled parking permits

Holidays, play and leisure

Hiring a personal assistant

Aids & equipment

Home adaptations

When you’re getting services

Moving into adult services (England)

Making a complaint