Features of CD may include:
- hamartomas most commonly to be found on the skin and mucous membranes (lining of passages that open to outside the body), such as the lining of the mouth and nose but also in the intestines and other parts of the body
- non-cancerous tumours of the breast and thyroid (a small gland in the neck)
- increased likelihood of breast, thyroid and endometrial (mucous membrane lining of the uterus) cancers. Males are more likely to develop thyroid cancer and females are more likely to develop breast cancer
- macrocephaly (increased head size)
- learning disability
- Lhermitte-Duclos disease - presence of a cerebellar dysplastic gangliocytoma (a type of benign brain tumour).