Changing Lives Together
Wednesday 1st January 2020
Happy New Year from everyone at Contact!
As we say goodbye to our 40th year and move towards a new decade, we've published our annual review of 2018/2019 highlighting some of our key achievements over a year when, despite the challenging funding environment, we continued to make great progress changing lives together.
In 2018/19 we:
- Helped over 100,000 families with the information, advice and support they needed
- Ran workshops attended by over 4,000 parents
- Put an average of £5,000 a year back into the pockets of families who received help from our Family Finance team
- Held a series of Family Fun Days attended by 2,834 children and parents
- Reached 838,645 people through our digital media channels
- Offered emotional and practical support to 1,393 parent carers with a child in hospital through our By Your Side programme
- 26,000 of you helped us lobby for changes on key issues for families including school transport, social care, Universal Credit and education
- Over 10,000 people signed our petition against school transport cuts
- 2,700 of you fed into our flagship Counting the Costs research, looking at the financial situation of UK families with disabled children
We're really looking forward to working with you all in 2020!