Take a look at our fantastic impact in 2018
Wednesday 16th January 2019
As a new year gets into full swing, we wanted to share some amazing stats with you about our work and impact in 2018.
We held 440 workshops and classes on topics such as benefit entitlements, the education system and moving into adulthood. In total these workshops were attended by 4,608 parent carers and 373 professionals.
This also includes our Brighter Beginnings workshops. There were 18 series of Brighter Beginnings workshops in 2018, reaching an estimated 135 unique parent carers.
Aside from our workshops and classes:
- We held 121 drop-ins and outreaches with an attendance of 600 parent carers.
- 59 family events or days out were held, with 1,337 parent carers and 1,272 children or young people in attendance.
- Our 233 information stands were visited by 3,697 parent carers and 1,110 professionals.
- We provided information and support to 1,764 parent carers at hospitals via our By Your Side project.
In total attendance at our events was 10,289 parent carers; 1,820 children and young people and 1,559 professionals.
Enquiries and 1:1 advice
- Our helpline responded to 10,705 enquiries.
- Our regional and London teams attended to 4,914 enquiries and 1:1 appointments.
When we run workshops, information stands or enquiry sessions we ask parents how they feel as a result of accessing our services. Across all our activities in 2018, after using our services:
- 95% felt better informed about how to get the support they need.
- 89% felt more confident.
- 72% felt better able to deal with stress.
- 77% felt less isolated.
- 88% felt better informed about their rights to benefits and grants.
- 92% had a better understanding of the ideas and resources that can help support them and their family
- 99% would recommend Contact services to others.
Can you support our work in 2019?
Although all our services are free to access, as a charity we depend on donations to be able to fund them.
Our Lifeline Appeal is raising vital funds to keep our Family Finances Helpline open. For every £10 you give to our Lifeline Appeal, Contact can secure £130 in the pockets of families with disabled children.
If you can, Please donate to our Lifeline Appeal today and help save our Family Finances Helpline.