Are you looking for your child's first primary school place?
Thursday 9th November 2017
It's around two months until the primary school application deadline on 15 January. This month, many parents will start attending open days in search of a primary school place for their child.
School admissions can be a stressful time. The choice parents have is often limited by where they live, complex admission arrangements and increased pressure on school places in the area.
Families with disabled children may have additional concerns about whether a school will include their child, keep them safe and give them the help they need to learn.
Our new information on school admissions
We've published new information to help you navigate the process of finding a school that's right for your child.
Visit our admissions and school choice webpage to find out:
- How the application process works for children with or without an Education, Health and Care plan
- The criteria schools use to decide who to offer a place to
- When you'll receive your child's primary school place offer
And if you need to talk to someone about what to think about when choosing a school, our helpline team is here for you.
Have you recently made a secondary school application?
The deadline for secondary school applications was 31 October, and many parents will last week have sent their choices to their local authority.
So what happens next? Our our admissions and school choice webpage has advice on:
- What to do if you're not happy with the school offered
- When a school can't refuse a child a place
- The right to mainstream for children with Education, Health and Care plans