Go back a step

Get our free guide to social care services for children in England

Wednesday 13th August 2014

We've updated our free parent guide with information that will help you get practical help for you and your child.

Getting social care services when your child has additional needs
includes information about:

  • how to ask for an assessment of your family's needs, so you can access this help
  • what services may be provided, for example equipment, leisure activities, help with travel, short breaks
  • how to get payments to buy the support you need.

We've also included handy tips for meetings with social services and what to do if you're unhappy with a service.

Parents can call our freephone helpline on 0808 808 3555 for a free copy, or you can download it from our website.   

You can find out what other rights you're entitled to in the Know your rights section of our website.