Working with parent-carers
Our accessible and jargon-free course gives practitioners practical ideas about how they can better support and work with disabled children and their families.
It is not unusual for workers to feel out of their depth and unskilled when approaching parents, so we will address clear pathways of support for all concerned.
This course aims to help practitioners:
- Increase understanding of disability, including hidden disability.
- Increase awareness of the effect of disability on the family.
- Enable more effective communication with parents.
- Enable a better start to a working relationship with parents of children with SEND.
Who is this course for?
This course is likely to benefit anyone involved in working with parent carers of disabled children. This might include:
- Early years practitioners.
- Teachers, Teaching Assistants, and any staff in educational settings.
- GPs and the wider primary care and community healthcare team.
- Paediatric clinicians and staff.
- Healthcare commissioners.
- Local authority commissioners and service managers.
- Social care workforce and social workers.
- Retailers or leisure facility operators.
- Voluntary, community, and social enterprise groups.
Prices and booking
Cost per attendee is £65.00 (exc VAT).
For information about group booking or multiple purchases, or to book a course, just get in touch:
- 07884 742154