Working together: co-production
Professionals across a wide range of disciplines interact with families with disabled children every hour of every day: medical professionals support families to diagnose, treat and manage conditions; educators give children the best possible learning opportunities; commissioners bring through the essential services families require.
Co-production is about developing equal partnerships between the people who use services and their carers, and those who run them. It's a subtle but effective methodology for engaging closely with the end-user from the beginning, on a basis of mutual respect. It can be used to overcome barriers, manage expectations and solve complex problems.
Co-production is an investment in relationships, which when successful leads to improved outcomes for both families and those delivering services as a result of getting it right first time. Read a case study of co-production [PDF], looking at how the Cornwall palliative care strategy was developed.
Who is this course for?
The course can be tailored to individual needs, but it's likely to benefit anyone who designs, operates, commissions or delivers services that interact with families with disabled children. This might include:
- Local authority commissioners and service managers.
- Social care or education staff.
- Retailers or leisure facility operators.
- Voluntary, community, and social enterprise groups.
This course is likely to be particularly beneficial for anyone responsibile for supporting the production of Education, Health, and Care (EHC) plans under Section 19 of the Children and Families Act 2014.
By the end of the course, you will understand:
- What co-production is as a method of service design and how to do it in practice.
- The specific challenges and benefits of co-producing with families with disabled children, and how to do this successfully and appropriately.
- The value co-production can bring to your services by improving your organisation's offer to families with disabled children.
- What co-production offers more broadly, such as through increasing profitability through greater reach and better service design.
Our experience of co-production
For more information or to book a course, just get in touch:
- 0207 608 8700
See information about pricing and discounts.