Building resilience and wellbeing for parents
Wanted: Someone to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year.
Holiday entitlement: Nil
Salary: £62.10 per week (Carer's Allowance 2017/18)
With a job description like this, it's no wonder parent and foster carers of disabled children often experience high levels of stress.
This interactive course is designed to address stress, to help parents understand its source and how to deal with it, and to build resilience and well-being, leading to real improvements in physical and mental health as a result.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed to support parents who would benefit from increased resilience and wellbeing, or who suffer from significant levels of stress. It can be commissioned by professionals on behalf of the parent carers they work with, such as by health and social care commissioners.
The course has been co-produced with parents and is based on the most recent good practice guidance, as well as the experiences and expertise of parents themselves.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the causes of stress.
- Understand the impact of stress.
- Learn how to improve their self-care.
- Feel more confident in their ability to say no.
- Understand how mindfulness techniques can help reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Minimise stress factors in their lives.
- Create a simple plan to change a few things to improve their own wellbeing.
- Build a network of support.
- Explore various community resources.
- Understand financial and other benefits.
- Identify other areas of support, such as our online community.
We also have information on our website on child and family wellbeing.
Prices and booking
To allow individual issues to be raised and discussed, family workshops are limited to a maximum of 12 places priced at £625 (exc VAT) for a group booking.
For information about group booking or multiple purchases, or to book a course, just get in touch:
- 07884 742154