Policy, campaigns and research
There is a desperate lack of services and support for the 620,000 parents in the UK who care for a disabled child. As a result, families face a huge range of challenges and many feel isolated and alone.
As a campaigning organisation, we influence policy and campaign so politicians and decision-makers tackle the inequalities faced by families with disabled children.
We want to see:
- Equal rights and opportunities for all families with disabled children across the UK.
- A social security system that recognises the carer contribution and adequately covers the extra costs of disability and care.
- Investment in health and social care services for disabled children and their families
- Speedy access to free and independent information.
- An end to the wait for assessment, diagnosis and good quality support.
- A clear and joined up legal framework that enhances individual family rights.
Our campaigning work includes influencing policy, conducting research and surveys to build evidence, forming partnerships with other charities and working with MPs and government departments.
Find out more about our campaign, policy and research work.