What we do
We support families with the best possible guidance and information
- Our helpline
- We advise thousands of parents each year on all aspects of caring for a disabled child.
- Website and parent resources
- We have online information on issues such as education, benefits and family life, and our parent resources cover a range of topics including health and social care services.
- Workshops and information sessions
- We run workshops and information sessions for parents across the UK.
- Medical information
- We provide up-to-date and validated information on hundreds of disabilities and conditions, their symptoms, treatment and the support available.
- Our hospitals and hospices project
- Our parent advisers are now based at six children's hospitals across the UK, providing families with emotional and practical support when they need it most.
We bring families together to support each other
- Parent support groups
We support local and national groups in their work bringing parents carers together for practical and emotional support.
- Contact in your area
Our offices across the UK organise family fun days and outings so parents can make new friends and socialise.
Our SENDirect service helps you to find local services and activities for your family.
- Working with
As well as supporting families, we help a wide variety of professionals in their work with disabled children.
We help families to campaign, volunteer and fundraise to improve life for themselves and others
We are a force for change and campaign with families to remove the barriers they face every day.
- Parent carer participation
We support the development of parent carer participation, a process in which parents work together with professionals to make improvements to local services.
Our volunteering opportunities allow parents to give some of their time to support our work.
We give families the chance to contribute to our research and surveys so that we understand the scale of some of the issues they face.
We couldn't support families of disabled children without our generous supporters and determined fundraisers.