Postural tachycardia syndrome

Also known as: PoTS; POTS


If your child is affected by a medical condition or disability we can help. Call our freephone helpline on 0808 808 3555 to get information, support and advice. You can also browse our range of parent guides on aspects of caring for a disabled child in our resource library.

To meet other parents see support groups below or meet other parents online in our closed Facebook group

Please see below for reliable medical information on Postural tachycardia syndrome produced by alternative providers.

NHS website

Although alternative links have been selected with great care, Contact cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or errors. Alternative information providers give details of their quality control procedures on their website, which includes review of information by a qualified medical professional.

Is there support?



POTS UK are a Registered Charity in England and Wales no. 1159813. They provide information and support to those affected by POTS, including information for parents and carers. POTS UK also aim to raise awareness and provide information for professionals.

Group details reviewed September 2023.

Support for POTS is also provided by STARS (Syncope Trust And Reflex anoxic Seizures) – see entry Reflex Anoxic Seizures

Back to A-Z Conditions