Moving into adult services

A disabled child receiving social services and support in England will move onto adult care when they turn 18. But what should happen during the transition period?

You’ll find lots of information on Contact’s website about the transition from child to adult care including your family’s rights, changes in law, charging structures and making decisions.

The change from being a teenager to becoming an adult is often referred to in the world of disability as “transition”. Take a look at our webpage to help you get the transition planning process started including when to start planning, what a plan should include and top tips from other parent carers.

Moving into adult services.