Social care

As a parent of a disabled child you are entitled to certain services that can help you, your child and your family.

In this section:

What is social care?

How to access services

Needs assessments

Carer’s assessments: your needs as a carer

Personal budgets and direct payments

Short breaks

Blue Badge disabled parking permits

Play, leisure and recreation

Hiring a personal assistant

Aids, equipment and adaptations

Moving into adult services (England only)

Making a complaint

Seeking legal advice

Clinical negligence