Setting up and running a forum
Parent Carer Participation Handbook
The parent carer participation handbook [PDF] is useful for anyone involved in running a forum.
NB. If reading in Adobe interactive mode, press Esc keyto get Menu bar to download document or print pages.
If the interactive features are not working, make sure you have opened the document in Adobe.
The handbook includes information on all aspects of running a forum including:
- getting started, policies, governance
- finances including paying parents
- working as a team, managing conflict
- reaching and consulting with parents
- working with local authorities & health to improve services.
Templates for forums
Forums developing policies might find it it helpful to adapt these templates.
Other policies and procedures
- Parent representative feedback form [.doc]
- Code of conduct [PDF]
- Equality and diversity policy [.doc]
- Safeguarding policy [.doc]
- Data protection policy [.doc]
Further information on the Grant Application and Monitoring process can be found on the ' Parent carer participation grant and monitoring' page.
- 2018/19 Excel spreadsheet to record grant spend can be used to record spend through the financial year. This will also assist with the grant monitoring process.
Examples of forum policies
Webinars for parent carer forums
We produce and upload new webinars regularly on topics to help forums with their structure and governance, developing their reach and capacity and increasing their knowledge of laws and policies that affect families of disabled children.
Our webinar resources are free for you to explore any time. Details of upcoming webinars are regularly updated on our Learning and Event Page and recordings of webinars can be found on our Resources page.