In July 2015, the government announced plans to cut tax credits. This could have affected around 150,000 families with disabled children.
What we achieved
- The Chancellor scrapped tax credit cuts in the November spending review. Thanks to thousands of our supporters to help make this happen.
What we wanted
- The government to think again about making these cuts as they impact on too many families with disabled children.
What we did
- We organised a twitter campaign ahead of the tax credits cuts vote to encourage MPs to vote against changes – read our tax credit cuts briefing [.DOC].
- We worked with the press and family case studies to highlight the impact of tax credit cuts on disabled children.
- We organised a petition to gain support for our campaign.